Student Org Night is our traditional involvement fair where recognized organizations, campus departments, and Harrisonburg community partners are available to talk with JMU students wanting to be involved in their community.
Unrecognized organizations are not allowed to table until they have completed our Recognition Process. Find out more here: START AN ORG
Spring 2020 SON Updates
CLUB REGISTRATION FOR SPRING STUDENT ORG NIGHT HAS CLOSED.
PLEASE SEE WAITLIST PROCEDURE BELOW IF YOUR ORGANIZATION DOES NOT HAVE A TABLE.
Spring Student Org Night will occur on January 23, 2020 from 6:30-8:00pm in the Festival Student and Conference Center Ballroom!
Curious about what orgs will be there? Check out our List of Student Orgs.
Club Expectations while tabling at SON:
- Organization check-in will begin at 5:30pm.
- Organizations will be sharing an 8ft table with another organization. Please respect the invisible boundary down the middle!
- Have at least one person working your table at all times. Please have no more than 2 individuals working your table at a time to avoid congestion in the aisles.
- No consumable giveaways (food, gum, candy, etc.).
- Flyers and other materials are allowed to be distributed.
- No walking around recruiting or handing out materials. Allow students to approach you!
- No animals or pets (service animals OK!).
- Please help stack tables at the end as directed, clean up your area, and take all materials with you.
- Unrecognized organizations, or organizations who are not assigned a table, are not allowed to participate in Student Org Night.
Waitlist Procedures for SON:
- Check in for waitlist tables at Spring Student Org Night starts at 5:30pm Thursday, Jan 23rd outside of Festival Ballroom.
- Tables are first come, first served in order of arrival!
- Any available tables will be given out at 6:15pm. A representative of the org MUST be present to claim the table.
- There is no guarantee of being placed in a specific category or that any tables will be available.
Check out more pictures from: