The Club House is a centrally-located resource center that supports organization development and promotional needs of all student organizations recognized by Student Activities & Involvement.
WHEN IS THE CLUB HOUSE OPEN?
Spring 2020 Hours
Saturday & Sunday: Closed
WHERE IS THE CLUB HOUSE?
The Club House is in Madison Union 208 (on the 2nd floor- down the hall from the post office).
WHO CAN USE THE CLUB HOUSE?
All student organizations recognized by the JMU Student Activities & Involvement office may use the Club House. Any group not recognized by the JMU Student Activities & Involvement office who want to use the Club House may pay a yearly fee for access. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or Perki2de@jmu.edu for more information.
WHAT MATERIALS ARE AVAILABLE?
The Club House offers student organizations a number of resources which include:
- Mac Computers
- Printers (Black/White and Color; Limit 10 color pages per week)
- Colored Paper
- Poster Board
- Banner Paper
- Die Cuts
- Copier (Limit to 100 copies per week; use or lose)
- Button Maker (Limit 50 buttons per year)
- Training and team activity development resources
WHAT CAN I USE THE CLUB HOUSE FOR?
The Club House materials are to be used for marketing / advertising of student organizations only. For example, the Club House should be used to create handbills to distribute on the Commons, posters to recruit new members at Student Org Night, banners to hang around campus advertising your upcoming event, etc. Students found utilizing materials for other purposes, such as printing homework, will be asked to leave and their club will be suspended from utilizing the Club House.
Below is a list of inappropriate uses of Club House materials ‑
- Items for individuals (ex. name tags, birthday cards, door tags, paddles, present wrapping, painted coolers, personal notes, etc.)
- Academic work (ex. class or group project)
- Decorations for parties
- Encouragement / cheerleading signs (ex. a poster cheering on a particular person or a club, a welcome back poster for an individual, etc.)
ARE THERE ANY ADDITIONAL RULES?
- Each individual entering the Club House MUST sign in by organization name at the registration computer.
- All supplies MUST stay in the Club House. No one will be permitted to take supplies from the Club House for outside use.
- Individuals may only do work for the organization that they have signed in under.
- All resources in the Club House are to be used for the marketing or advertising of student organizations and not for personal / academic work. If you misuse the resources in the Club House, a staff member will ask you to leave and your club will be suspended from using the Club House.
- Please dispose of anything that no longer works. Do not store them away.
- Please clean up after yourself before you leave. Put the supplies away that you have used and throw away any scraps of paper that cannot be reused.
CLUB HOUSE PROTOCOL/POLICIES FOR COVID-19
- Club House capacity will be limited to 10 students in the space at a time.
- Upon entering the Club House all students MUST wear a mask.
- Upon entering the Club House visit the front desk where the program assistant on duty will sign you in. (Club House sign-in computer will not be available for use).
- All Club House computers will not be available for student use.
- To minimize standing traffic in the Club House if your organization wants printed materials you will have to fill out the Club House Printing Service Form which can be found here.
Please notify the Program Assistant at the front desk if there is something you need or if you have any questions. They are there to assist you!