Do you want to represent your respective class or college? Applications for Minor Elections are now live. Minor elections occur every spring and are broken up into two parts, Class Council and College Senators.
Class Council is in charge of organizing events such as Quad Lighting, events regarding Class Rings, Senior Countdowns, and anything else that unifies a class. Each class has four positions which includes:
- Class Presidents
- Class Vice Presidents
- Class Secretary of Events
- Class Secretary of Communications
College Senators represent their respective college and serve as a liaison to SGA.
- College of Arts & Letters
- College of Business
- College of Education
- College of Health and Behavioral Studies
- College of Integrated Science and Engineering
- College of Science and Mathematics
If you are unsure of which college you are in, click here for more information.
In order to run you must:
- Have a minimum of 2.0 GPA
- Fill out the application which includes declaration of intent, campaign information, campaign staff waiver, grade release, platform, photograph, and petition signed by 100 of your constituents
- Turn in the application to Madison Union 331 (SGA Office) by 2/23/18 at 5pm
- Attend the Candidates meeting on 2/25
Elections will take place 3/2 on beinvolved.jmu.edu
Interested? Apply HERE!
Contact Nick Williamson (email@example.com) with any questions