Jump start your Leadership experience by participating in the Leadership Learning Community!
Living and learning in a Residential Learning Community is a unique opportunity to live and take classes with a small group of students who share similar interests.
The benefits of living in a RLC include:
- Special interaction with faculty members
- Professional development opportunities
- Convenient, natural study group
- Community service possibilities
- A smooth start that weaves connections all across JMU
Who is the Leadership Learning Community for?
For students in any major who are interested in learning leadership tools and strategies, reflect on their leadership in a diverse world, and gain self-awareness.
What will you do in the Leadership Learning Community?
Students will have the opportunity to participate in and reflect on a real-life, applied leadership experience through seminar-style course discussions and outside of the classroom leadership opportunities.
What classes will I take?
In the Fall Semester, students will take a 2-credit leadership seminar course through the Honors college. There will be a 1-credit course in the Spring Semester. You do not need to be an Honors Student to take these classes. These seminars will encourage opportunities for growth and development of a personal leadership philosophy while evaluating current leadership strategies through an inclusive lens.
Where will I live?
You will be placed in Paul Jennings Hall. Please view the amenities in Jennings Hall.
What is the process for application?
- Read the information below and click here to get access the application
- Incoming first-year students can apply online starting April 1, applications are due by May 15.
- Be sure to read about all each Learning Community before filling out an application.
- Students are selected for Residential Learning Communities through a multi-step process.
- Completing an application does not guarantee a spot in a learning community.
NOTE: the eRezLife system makes the application look similar to a job application
Contact Carson Lonett at firstname.lastname@example.org
Additional information is also available on the Residence Life website