JMU Event Management has created a Virtual building in VirtualEMS where you can host your event. To access this building and submit a request to be placed on the JMU calendar, log in to your VirtualEMS account. Under “Submit a Request”, you will see a template titled “Submit a Virtual Event for the JMU Calendar”. Similar to making a regular request, you’ll need to follow these simple instructions:
- Enter the date and time of your event
- The Virtual Events ‘facility’ will be the default listed, click Find Space
- Select the ‘location’ by clicking + Virtual Event
- Click Continue at the bottom of the page
- Enter the Event Name and the Event Type
- The Organization will be populated by your e-id login
- Choose your name from the 1st Contact drop-down list
- Your contact information will then pre-populate
- Provide a concise description of your event
- This is what people will see when they check out your event on the calendar so be sure to include all relevant information. Be creative, make people want to attend!
- If there is a website, provide the URL
- Indicate ‘Who May Attend’ from the drop-down menu
- Click Submit
The event submission will be reviewed prior to publishing and may take up to 24 hours to appear on the calendar.