Wilson Hall has a large auditorium seating 1300 guests.
The following policies apply to all events taking place in the Auditorium:
- NO FOOD, DRINK OR GUM ALLOWED IN THE AUDITORIUM.
- Wilson Auditorium will be unlocked and open to the sponsoring organization at the start of the event time.
- Standing on, climbing over or damaging seats will not be tolerated. Violation of this policy may incur fees for any damages.
- Organizations are required to use Wilson Audio and Lighting equipment unless arrangements are made with an approved JMU vendor.
- If after 2 events, attendance fails to reach 250, the sponsoring organization may be asked to find a more suitable space.
- NO loud audio before 5pm.
The following charges may apply:
- Facility Rental Fees may apply if admission is charged for the event.
- Staff personnel of $8 per hour per person. For events over 250 attendees, a House Manager will also be provided at $8 per hour.
- An expendables fee of $25 will be charged, except when the event requires doors open and house lights only.
- There is no charge for equipment that is standard in the facility. If an event requires additional equipment, the sponsor will be required to rent the necessary equipment. The following equipment is standard:
- Sound system adequate for public address and small to medium vocal/dance performances.
- Data Projector and Screen – computer must be provided by sponsor – facility has computer for use if content can be delivered at least 24 hours prior to the event. Facility also has a range of popular adaptors for sponsor computer.
- CD player – any additional sound amplification will require the services of a sound production company. Reserving, contracting, coordinating, and paying for those services are the responsibility of the sponsor.
**NOTE** Events exceeding maximum attendance of 1000 people are subject to the Event Management Fire Safety and Emergency Planning Requirements in accordance with the JMU Office of Risk Management.