Student Organizations can reserve general purpose classrooms in Memorial Hall using VirtualEMS. A member of the student organization must pick up a key from the Madison Union Event Services desk prior to the meeting. The student will be required to leave his/her JAC card. Immediately following the organization’s meeting, the key must be returned to Madison Union Event Services.
University Departments Requests can be made by filling out the online request form using VirtualEMS.
Memorial Hall Room Information
|Room Name||Capacity||Set-up Style|
|Auditorium||250||Auditorium (Data projector, projection screen, Dell computer, DVD/VCR, document camera, 2 wireless microphone, 2 wired microphones, and a podium.)|
|Memorial 6110||55||Technology Classroom|
|Memorial 7355||15||Technology Classroom|
|Memorial 7370||22||Technology Classroom|
The following charges may apply to the Auditorium:
- Facility Rental Fees may apply if admission is charged for the event.
- Staff personnel of $8 per hour per person. For events over 250 attendees a House Manager will also be provided at $8 per hour.
- An expendables fee of $25 will be charged, except when the event requires doors open and house lights only.
- There is no charge for equipment that is standard in the facility. If an event requires additional equipment, the sponsor will be required to rent the necessary equipment. The following equipment is standard:
- Sound system adequate for public address and small to medium vocal/dance performances.
- Data Projector and Screen – computer must be provided by sponsor – facility has computer for use if content can be delivered at least 24 hours prior to the event. Facility also has a range of popular adaptors for sponsor computer.
- CD player – any additional sound amplification will require the services of a sound production company. Reserving, contracting, coordinating, and paying for those services are the responsibility of the sponsor.
**NOTE** Events exceeding maximum attendance of 1000 people are subject to the Event Management Fire Safety and Emergency Planning Requirements in accordance with the JMU Office of Risk Management.