Welcome to the Semi-Annual StrengthsFinder Leadership Conference!
March 24, 2018
1:00 pm – 5:00 pm
Registration Deadline: March 21st before midnight
Click Here to Register (or use the Link at the bottom of the page)
Discover Your Strengths
- Beginning and Advanced Sessions Available
- Returners Welcome
- Newcomers will Complete the StrengthsFinder Assessment
- Learn More About Yourself
- Breakout Sessions at both basic and advanced levels
- Explore How You Can Strengthen your Strengths
- Network With Your JMU Peers
When you register and are accepted to attend this extraordinary event, your experience actually begins before the day of the event. In advance of the conference, access codes to complete the StrengthsFinder assessment will be sent via email to all accepted participants who have not completed it before. You will complete the assessment and immediately have access to your personalized StrengthsFinder report.
During the conference you will hear from an outstanding keynote speaker to get a solid foundation of the StrengthsFinder philosophy and understand the value of focusing on your strengths. Then you will dive into the basics of StrengthsFinder, review report results, and share your results with your peers. You will then have the opportunity to choose which breakout session you want to attend, based on your background, familiarity, and level of understanding. Breakout sessions will explore practical ways you can use your strengths as a student and as a leader, as well as go deep into advanced levels of understanding strengths.
The conference agenda will follow this typical schedule:
- Registration Welcome (12:30-1 pm)
- Keynote and Strengths Foundation (1-2:30 pm)
- Breakout Sessions (2:40-3:40 pm)
- Networking Session (3:50-5 pm)
Light refreshments will be provided during the networking session. Breakout sessions will cover the following topics:
- Strengths in Careers – this session will show you how to find a career that aligns with your strengths and then give you tools to help you highlight your strengths to future employers.
- Strengths in Relationships – this session will help you learn how you can use your strengths to build long-lasting relationships in different areas in your life.
- Strengths in Group Settings – this session goes beyond what you can accomplish by yourself and focuses on how you can apply your strengths in groups.
- Strengths in Student Life – this session will help you learn how to use your newfound strength to navigate to the challenges of being a college student.
- Strengths Coaching – this session will give you an understanding of what one-on-one strengths coaching is like, provide you with an opportunity to sign up for one-on-one coaching, and will explain how you could become a JMU Strengths Coach.
Registration Deadline: before midnight on March 21, 2018
You will be notified via email of your acceptance into the conference by 5pm March 20, 2018
Assessment due date: midnight March 22nd
All applications will be accepted until midnight March 19th. Seating is capped at 120 participants. If more than 120 apply, participants will be selected based on their applications using the following criteria in the order listed:
- Year in School (a variety and diversity of class standing will be selected)
- Whether or not the StrengthsFinder Assessment has been completed before (a variety of responses will most likely be selected)
- Whether or not you attended last year’s conference (a variety of responses will most likely be selected)
Based on last year’s registration process, we DO expect there to be more than 120 applications. All students not accepted to attend the conference will be put on a waiting list. Drop outs, failure to complete the assessment, etc. will all provide opportunities for those on the waiting list to be invited to attend the conference.
An email will be sent out no later than 5pm March 20th indicating your acceptance status. If accepted, that email will contain instructions and information on how to complete the StrengthsFinder assessment by the March 22nd deadline. Failure to meet that deadline will result in your acceptance being withdrawn and your spot given to the next person on the waiting list.
Questions may be directed to us via our Contact Us page.
*Note: There will be a $25 no-show fee charged to your student account if you are accepted to attend this conference, commit to attend, and then do not show up.