Welcome to the Fall Strengths Leadership Conference!
Saturday, Nov 2, 2019, 10:30 am – 3:30 pm (includes brunch)
Madison Union Ballroom
Registration Deadline: Oct 29th before midnight
Discover Your Strengths, Achieve Excellence
When you register to attend this extraordinary event, your experience actually begins before the day of the event. In advance of the conference, access codes to complete the CliftonStrengths assessment will be sent via email to participants who have not completed it within a year. Once you complete the assessment, you will immediately have access to your personalized CliftonStrengths report.
During the conference, you will enjoy brunch and hear from an outstanding keynote speaker to get a solid foundation of the CliftonStrengths philosophy so you can understand the value of focusing on your strengths. From there, you will review report results and share them in a discussion with your peers. Next, you will choose which breakout session you want to attend, based on what areas of your life you would like to strengthen with the information provided in the assessment. Breakout sessions will explore practical ways you can use your strengths as a student and as a leader, as well as how to live a strengths-based life after JMU. Returners to the Conference will also have unique sessions just for them.
Breakout sessions will help you achieve the following learning outcomes:
- Utilize your strengths so they can become a guiding factor for your future career at any stage in the job-search process.
- Learn how to highlight your strengths to future employers in interviews and how to sell your uniqueness as a candidate.
- Identify what your needs are in a relationship, what you bring to the table, and how to communicate these things to build stronger, healthier, and longer-lasting relationships.
- Maximize your success by learning how to apply your strengths in groups/team settings and learn how to work other’s strengths as well.
- Navigate the challenges of being a student with confidence by learning to use your strengths academically, socially, and personally.
- Understand the simplicity of service when you use your strengths to better serve your community and the people around you.
Registration Deadline: before midnight on Oct 29, 2019
*Note: There will be a $25 no-show fee charged to your student account if you register to attend this conference, complete the assessment, and then do not show up.
Questions may be directed to us via our Contact Us page.