Web DeveloperPay Rate: $8.00+
- Collaborating with the Technology and Design staff, clients, and end-users to develop and maintain websites.
- Writing programming code that integrates data, artwork, text, video, sound, etc into client websites.
- Investigating and resolving matters of significance for end-user problems.
- Maintain, create and improve web applications to increase productivity and usefulness of University Unions to the JMU campus community.
- Create and maintain databases that support and enhance the functionality of office-developed web applications.
- Receive and apply technical- and/or design-related constructive criticism to web projects.
- Learning new technologies and skills as required to accomplish tasks and increase the capabilities of the Office of Technology and Design and its websites.
- Generate innovative ideas about potential usage of information, technology, and other resources at the disposal of the Office of Technology and Design.
- Remaining flexible, focused and involved in the performance or all assigned and ongoing job-related tasks and projects.
- Learner, a person that will be able to grasp concepts and is willing to improve their skills
- An individual that is willing to teach colleagues code and improve the team around them
- Proficient in HTML, CSS, PHP, JQuery, XML, MySQL
- Technical aptitude
- Ability to create Mobile/ Web Applications - Good but not necessary
- ExperiEnce with creating Wordpress sites
- Comfortable working in a Mac environment
ProjectionistPay Rate: Starting $7.25/hr
Operate Grafton-Stovall Theatre
Responsible for the safety, security, crisis management and inspections of Grafton-Stovall equipment & housekeeping issues. Supervise all scheduled special events as well as opening and closing the facility. Work independently and also in a team environment. Work with customers to ensure all events are setup in a timely manner and run smoothly. Use of powerpoint, soundboard, mics, lights, 35mm projectors, etc. Clean and maintain the projectors.
Building ManagerPay Rate: Starting $7.25/hr
Operate from the Front Desk in Warren & Memorial Hall
Responsible for the safety, security, crisis management and inspections of facilities for work orders and housekeeping issues. Supervise all scheduled events as well as opening and closing the facilities. Work independently and also in a team environment. Train, supervise and work with student staff to ensure all events are set up for in a timely manner. Train student groups and organizations on proper building etiquette. Plan, organize, and carry out staff meetings and events, including evaluations twice a semester. Routinely tour the facilities, making contact with customers and event schedulers. Ensure that daily duty sheet is completed and maintain conditions throughout the facilities. Must be an Operation Assistant before becoming a Building Manager.
Operations AssistantPay Rate: Starting $7.25/hr
(Operate from Front Desk in Warren & TDU)
Ability and willingness to learn. A positive attitude is a must. Knowledge of basic office environment to include answering phones and filing paperwork. Ability to greet customers cheerfully and professionally. Ability to work in a fast paced flexible work environment. Knowledge of electronic equipment such as computers, projectors, & sound equipment is a plus but not required. Work well with students, staff, and community to ensure their meetings & events are set up and go as planned. Assist with opening and closing the facilities. Some weekend work will be required. Act as a trainer for newly hired staff as requested by management.