out·rig·ger [definition]-a framework extended outboard from the side of a boat; supporting a float that gives stability.
Just like the definition of an “outrigger” states, Outrigger Peer Educators are dedicated to helping others maintain balance and improve all aspects of their organization. Outriggers Peer Educators work by request to develop individualized programs catered to the particular desires of the organization in need. Requesting Outriggers is a great opportunity to mix up your weekly meeting or add to trainings, retreats, etc. Outriggers provide the opportunity for organizations to recognize and fulfill their own highest potential. Ultimately, Outrigger Peer Educators are “Peers Helping Peers Help Themselves.”
Here’s how it works:
- 1. Fill out the Request Sheet and return it in person to Taylor 234 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org fill out the following form online:
We can’t wait to work with you! If you have any questions or comments please contact the Outrigger PA, Nico Pineres at email@example.com. Please feel free to stop by the Outrigger office in Taylor 232.
Want to be an Outrigger?
We look for members who…
- Are energetic, silly, willing to learn & help others
- Enjoy teamwork, communication and FUN!
- Can commit at least 3 semesters
- Feel comfortable speaking in front of others
- Enjoy family style organizations
- Have creative stylish shoes (you’ll find out why)
Following a review of paper applications by all current members and advisors, group and individual interviews will be conducted. The number of new members taken each year varies based on previous member graduation. Applications will become available in September; please check back here at that time.
Questions? Contact the Outrigger PA, Nico Pineres, at firstname.lastname@example.org