Please read the following below before completing and filling out an application.
How much money can I request from the contingency account?
Recognized groups can apply for up to $2,597. There is limited funding available. Please apply as soon as possible to ensure you will receive your funds in a timely manner.
What can contingency funds pay for?
Here are just a few things contingency can and cannot pay for:
- Registration fees/Conference fees
- Supplies that can be reused for later events
- JMU Registered Vehicles
- Rentals and Gas
- Reimbursements (No funding purchases made before the application is submitted)
- Food/Dietary requests
- Any requests that generate a net profit (directly or indirectly) for any James Madison University club/organization, to fund loans, or to pay a debt or reimbursement
- No requests that make any type of revenues
- Hotel costs
- Airfare or Train tickets
Who do I get in contact with if I am interested in applying for contingency?
1. Fill out the application and allow up to two weeks of response
2. Meet with the Student Government Association Finance Committee Member
- a. Expect to fill out a W-9 during your meeting (Please, have your EIN number with you)
- i. IRS Number (In case you are unaware of your EIN number): 800-829-4933
- b. Expect to discuss the PowerPoint Presentation that you will need to present to the Finance Committee the following week
3. Present your PowerPoint, W-9 Form to the Student Government Association Finance Committee.
*Allow for six weeks prior to the date that the funds are needed. Due to the complex process and the large mass of organizations applying, give yourself/your organization enough time to complete the process. If you do not adhere to this stipulation, you may not be eligible for a grant.
You will be required to complete a follow up procedure at the end of the semester you apply. You must attend this event and provide all receipts and relevant contracts in accordance with the event.
Please be aware that if your organization is approved, you or a representative from your organization will be required to attend a Finance Team meeting (Sundays at 4:00 PM to 5:00 PM) in Madison Union (Taylor) 303.
IN ADDITION to a Senate (Tuesdays at 5:15pm in Madison Union 256). Retain all receipts in connection with the event.
Any violation of the Contingency criteria outlined in the Student Government Financial Procedures may make a club/organization ineligible for Contingency Funds in the future, as determined by the Finance Team.
If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please email: email@example.com
This committee is overseen by the Executive Treasurer, Alex Grant, firstname.lastname@example.org.