Please read the following below before completing and filling out an application.
How much money can I request from the contingency account?
Recognized groups can apply for up to $3,000. There is limited funding available. Allow for six weeks prior to the date that the funds are needed. Due to the complex process and the large mass of organizations applying, give yourself/your organization enough time to complete the process. If you do not adhere to this stipulation, you may not be eligible for funding.
What can contingency funds pay for?
Here are just a few things contingency can and cannot pay for:
- Registration fees/Conference fees
- Supplies that can be reused for later events
- JMU Registered Vehicles
- Rentals and Gas
- Reimbursements (No funding purchases made before the application is submitted)
- Food/Dietary requests
- Any requests that generate a net profit (directly or indirectly) for any James Madison University club/organization, to fund loans, or to pay a debt or reimbursement
- No requests that make any type of revenues
- Hotel costs
- Airfare or Train tickets
1. Fill out the application and allow up to two weeks of response
- Find the application Here
- A W-9 must be submitted with your application (You will need your EIN)
- If you are unaware of your EIN, call the IRS number: 800-829-4933
- You will also need to fill out an Electronic Payment Form
2. Meet with the Student Government Association Finance Committee Member
- Expect to discuss the PowerPoint Presentation that you will need to present to the Finance Committee the following week
3. Present your PowerPoint to the Student Government Association Finance Committee.
4. Once approved by the Finance Committee, you will present to the Student Government Senate on the following Tuesday at 5:15 pm in Madison Union 256.
5. You will be required to complete a follow up procedure at the end of the semester you apply. You must attend this event and provide all receipts and relevant contracts in accordance with the event. You must retain all receipts in connection with the event.
Any violation of the Contingency criteria outlined in the Student Government Financial Procedures may make a club/organization ineligible for Contingency Funds in the future, as determined by the Finance Team.
If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org