Fall Roommate Mixer
It’s about that time when everyone starts thinking about where to live next year! Whether you know where you want to live, have roommates lined up or have not given it much thought, come to the Roommate Mixer Nov 20, 2013 at 7 PM in the Festival Highlands Room.
At this event hosted by Off Campus Life, you will learn more about the various housing options available in Harrisonburg, play games, eat free food, and interact with potential roommates. Most of all, OCL encourages students to fill vacant rooms prior to signing your lease.
Here are some tips and tricks for having a good roommate experience:
1. Be clear from the beginning
2. Address things when they’re little
3. Respect your roommates belongings
4. Be careful of who you bring into your room/house- and how often
5. Lock the doors and windows
6. Be friends without expecting to be best friends
7. Be open to new things
8. Be open to change
9. Address things when they’re big
10. Follow the “Golden Rule” and treat your roommate how you would like to be treated