Alpha Epsilon Pi
Alpha Epsilon Pi was founded to provide opportunities for the Jewish college man seeking the best possible college and fraternity experience. We have maintained the integrity of our purpose by strengthening our ties to the Jewish community and serving as a link between high school and career.
A goal of our fraternity is to help each student to develop character, to learn responsibility, and to develop a proper set of values through living together in brotherhood. Alpha Epsilon Pi prepares young men for their role in life as responsible citizens. Therefore, our basic purpose is to provide the opportunity for a Jewish man to be able to join a Jewish organization whose purpose is not specifically religious, but rather social and cultural in nature. Alpha Epsilon Pi is a Jewish fraternity, though non-discriminatory and open to all who are willing to espouse its purpose and values.
The Omega Epsilon Chapter of Alpha Epsilon Pi was founded at James Madison University in 2006 by Chad Schwartz and Chartered in the fall of 2008 by Daniel Smolkin. We are the only fraternity to move from underground to being recognized by the Inter Fraternity Council at the University. We are known around campus for our active community involvement, our Jubilee Philanthropy, and our commitment to scholarship.
Our Chapter continues to grow. We were awarded the prestigious honor of Most Improved Chapter and Chapter of the Year by the Fraternity and Sorority League in spring 2011. Individual Brothers also took home awards for Most Outstanding Exec Member, Outstanding Alumni Relations, and Living the Ritual. Our Chapter remains committed to our values, our Brotherhood, and bettering the university as a whole. Boom.
- Nickname: A E Pi
- Colors: Gold and Blue
- Founded: November 7, 1913
- Philanthropy: Friends of the Israel Defense Forces, Elem, Jewish National Fund, Keshet, Leket Israel, Save a Child's Heart, and Sharsheret
- Mission: Alpha Epsilon Pi, the Global Jewish Fraternity, was founded to provide opportunities for Jewish men seeking the best possible college and fraternity experience. We have maintained the integrity of our purpose by strengthening our ties to the Jewish community and serving as a link between high school and career. Alpha Epsilon Pi develops leadership for the North American Jewish community at a critical time in a young man's life. Alpha Epsilon Pi's role is to encourage the Jewish student to remain dedicated to Jewish ideals, values, and ethics and to prepare the student to be one of tomorrow's leaders so that he may help himself, his family, his community, and his people.
- National Website: www.aepi.org
- President: Steven Weinstein
- President Email: email@example.com
- Local Website: jmuaepi.org