Apply to Be on Junior Panhellenic Council!October 21, 2013
WHAT IS JUNIOR PANHELLENIC?
The mission of the James Madison University Junior Panhellenic shall be to strive to express the high ideals for which every individual sorority stands while focusing specifically on the needs of new members and newly initiated women.
The Junior Panhellenic Council is comprised of 14 new members in the Panhellenic community: 12 delegates (one from each chapter), a Vice President, and a President. President and Vice President will be from separate chapters. Junior Panhellenic gives the youngest members of our Panhellenic community the opportunity to become positive and proactive Greek leaders. It also allows the women to be the voice for the new members of all 12 chapters here on campus. The Council works with the JMU campus, each sorority chapter, and Fraternity & Sorority Life Staff to serve the needs of our community. This may be through programs, focus groups, fundraisers, events etc created and run by the Junior Panhellenic council.
THE APPLICATION PROCESS
1. Complete the attached application and return it to Warren 404 by 5pm Friday, November 1st.
2. All applicants that fill out their application completely and meet all minimum requirements will have an interview. When you turn in the application please pick an interview time.
- Interviews will be conducted by select members of the current Junior Panhellenic Council and Staff. Interviews will be a chance for us to know more about you and your personality. They will last no longer than 30 minutes each. Please wear business casual. The committee will prepare a slate, which is an ideal list of the Junior Panhellenic board members, based on the candidates’ strengths and the best interest of the Panhellenic community.
3. The Slate will be selected by November 13th.
- The Slate of who the committee has chosen as the prospective officers will be presented. If you wish to reject a position you are slated for, you must let us know immediately so it will not be voted on.
4. The Chapters will present their “pass” or “reject” vote at the Delegates Meeting on November 19th.
- Each delegate will present to her chapter the slate and information on why the candidates were chosen for that position. The chapter must pass the slate by a majority vote for it to pass and a majority of the sororities (6-5) must pass the slate.
5. The newly elected 2014 Junior Panhellenic Council will be inducted on the evening of November 20th.
- Inductions are business-casual and candidates will be installed by current members of Junior Panhellenic.
- The new term will begin in January 2014 and continue through December 2014.