PLAN AHEAD!! Space should be requested as soon as possible according to the Event Scheduling Timeline. Please note that the following time specifications are a minimum requirement. Certain times of the year may require planning further ahead.
6 Weeks Prior to Event
- Sponsor should establish a planning group and organize an initial meeting to give an overview of the event, determine an exact title for all to use.
- Present a rough itinerary
- Identify sub processes and critical issues as necessary
- Highlight functions that may require cost estimates and pre-planning
- Public Safety should be contacted if necessary for this event
- Meeting dates should be planned with individual service providers to address sub-processes and critical issues
4 Weeks Prior to Event
- Tents, Stages and Fencing assistance and work orders need to be finalized
2 Weeks Prior to Event
- All setups and approvals need to be turned in to reserving office for events such as: fundraisers, off-campus speakers, food, dances, etc.
3 Days Prior to Event
- Sponsor should email planning group with ongoing updates/changes
- The working itinerary (checklist) should include designation of sponsor and service provider, also a responsible first contact person for each specific program component. Itinerary should be handed out at this point.