- Planning for outdoor events should begin at least 8 weeks prior to the event date.
- Student Organizations should direct the request to Madison Union Scheduling.
- Departmental requests should be made to the appropriate scheduler listed below.
- Complete the JMU Event Approval Form which can be found on the Forms section of this website.
- Additional signatures are required on the JMU Event Approval Form for the following areas:
Arboretum (Pavilion) – (540)568-3194
Lake Area – Greek Row (Fraternity / Sorority Life) – (540)568-7402
Mr. Chips Basketball Court (Madison Union) – (540)568-6330
Village Area Sidewalk, Village Area Basketball Court (Residence Life) – (540)568-3501
- Complex events that require fencing, staging or tents must also complete the JMU Outdoor Event Approval Addendum.
- The requestor is responsible for obtaining all required signatures from each appropriate reserving office for approval (depending on type of event i.e., fundraising, food, run/walk, etc.).
- The Quad is not a reservable space.
- Completed form must be turned in to Madison Union Scheduling, Room 245.