Thank you for your interest in selling merchandise at James Madison University. In order for a business to solicit sales on our campus, they must be approved. The online Vendor Approval Request Form, which can be accessed below, must be completed and submitted. Once approved, you will be notified of your status to solicit at JMU.
Regulations for Vendors Using JMU Facilities
- All Vendors must be sponsored by a recognized JMU Student Organization, Festival Conference & Student Center or Madison Union.
- Vendors must check-in and pay fees before setting up his/her merchandise. Payment can be made in
Madison Union room 245 or Festival Conference & Student Center room 2001.
- Vendors may check-in anytime after 8am to pay applicable fees and get set up.
- If telephone lines are required, the space must be scheduled at least two weeks in advance and additional charges will apply.
- One eight foot table will be provided per 10’x10′ area; the appropriate scheduling authority must approve additional space.
- All sales will take place between 9am – 8pm (10×10 spaces) and 9am – 4pm (Festival Highlands and Madison Union 256), Monday through Friday, unless otherwise approved. Overnight storage may be available on an occasional basis, please contact reserving office. Additional fees will be assessed.
- Removal and breakdown of sales must be completed by 9pm or 5pm depending on space used.
- Vendors are required to pay a minimal commission of 10 percent of sales to the sponsoring Student Organization.
- If sponsored by Madison Union or Festival Conference & Student Center, no commission is paid.
- Sales scheduled in an outdoor space must remain outside. There is no rain location.
- The fee structure for sales by space is as follows:
10’x10′ indoor/outdoor space – $140 (JMU sponsored) or $70 (Student Organization sponsored)
Festival Highlands – Based on current rental rates ($720 maximum fee)
Madison Union 256 – Based on current rental rates ($640 maximum fee)
Vendors are allowed in the Madison Union Info/Sales area, Madison Union Patio, Madison Union 256, Festival Highlands Room, Festival Info Tables and Festival Patio. See the Approved Vendor List for contact information of currently approved vendors.
To apply to become an approved vendor, please complete the Vendor Approval Request Form.